Monday, December 31, 2012

Santa Worries

This was an interesting year for Santa in our house. Reese is still a strong believer, but she had a lot of questions and worries about how the whole Santa thing works. I wrote down a few of her best lines so I wouldn't forget.

Most pressing on her mind:

1. "Santa's kinda big. How does he fit down our chimney?"

2. "We have that grate thingy in front of the chimney, how will he get out?" (Daddy had to move it Christmas Eve)

3. "There are so many houses in our neighborhood, how will he make it to every one? What if he runs out of time?"


4. "I don't think we should leave out cookies for Santa. If he eats cookies at every house he goes to he's going to get a tummy ache. If I eat too many cookies I'll throw up. I think we should leave him a healthy snack like yogurt and cheese." (Somehow cake pops were an ok substitute when Christmas Eve rolled around.)

5. "Paige has been having a lot of tantrums. I don't think Santa is going to bring her as many presents as me." Directly to Paige, "Paige, you're getting coal for Christmas, I'm getting presents."

We answered the questions the best we could, and moderated the tantrums and fights, but every time I had to elaborate on the Santa lie I thought to myself about how mad she's going to be in a few years when she realizes I've been lying to her. Maybe I'll let Daddy cover that one.




No comments:

Post a Comment