Saturday, December 22, 2012

Reese's Birthday

The last weekend in August was a busy one for us! As I tried to prepare for my first day back in the classroom, I also had a pool party with thirty guests to manage.

Unlike last year, Reese's party went off without a hitch. Despite the blustery conditions, the summer's streak of hot days didn't disappoint and everyone enjoyed their time at the pool.


Opening some gifts at home before the party.











About two weeks before the party Reese learned to swim without her life jacket or floaty! What a huge step! I was sad that it had to come at the end of the summer, but it was amazing none-the-less.

One day she decided to shed her floaty and try to swim to me while i stood at the bottom of the entrance steps. She did it with no problem, so I moved back slightly and she tried again. Within five minutes she swam across the entire width of our pool. Once she did it she couldn't get enough! At her party she alternated between using her floaty and showing off her new skills for her friends and family. I hope she retains her confidence and gives it another go next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment